As technology evolves, the goal of User Experience, UX/HCI, is to design and develop a range of digital/technology products easier for people to use and accomplish their goals. This includes reducing barriers to using products; creating a positive user experience; ensuring easy navigation of what the user is looking for and creating understandable and accessible content for the user. The submissions for the HCI track, will explore ways to render computers and applications smarter for user accomplishments. These may include:
- Expanding the understanding of social contexts of use in technology design.
- New ways to develop empirical understanding of usage and the user experience of digital technologies, interfaces and devices
- Ideating novel computing user interfaces through exploratory engineering and building interactive systems
- Developing new articulations of theoretical or practical knowledge about the design and use of interactive digital systems.
This track invites submissions, including original research. Open Source tools and technology can also be highlighted in the submission, if relevant.
The submission topics for this track include the following domains, but are not limited to:
- Social Contexts of technology use
- Methods to study Users and User contexts
- Big Data in User Studies
- Theoretical advances in User studies
- Conversational Interfaces
- Virtual Reality
- Augmented Reality
- Natural Language Processing
- Personalization in UI design (age responsive design)
- Analytics and User Experience
- Click here to know more about the GHCI 17 session formats, for making a submission.
- Please go through the submission requirements for all tracks (except posters).
- Early Bird Review: If you make a submission before May 5, 2017, your submission will be quickly reviewed. Based on the feedback you can improve your proposal before the final submission deadline.
- Please ensure you make your submission on Linklings, the GHCI 17 Submissions tool by June 9, 2017.
- If you are submitting an original research as your submission, please use the form for ‘Original Reasearch’ on Linklings under each track.