The largest gathering of women technologists in India, the Grace Hopper Celebration India (GHCI) 17, is just round the corner. We are excited and looking forward to seeing all of you at the celebration. Here is some important information to ensure you have a great GHCI 17.
November 16-17, 2017
Bangalore International Exhibition Centre (BIEC)
10th Mile, Tumkur Road, Madavara Post,
Dasanapura Hobli, Bangalore 562 123, INDIA
GHCI 17 Schedule. Do plan ahead!
There are several technical and non-technical sessions for you to attend. Also, don’t miss the Career Fair, Poster Session, Hands on Lab and more. Please go through the schedule to see which sessions are your top picks. Try to reach 5 minutes before the start time of the sessions since the halls have limited seating capacity.
On November 16 and 17 registrations will open at 7.30 am. at BIEC. Attendees should have the hard copy or text message of their registration confirmation to receive their GHCI 17 Attendee Badge.
- Please wear your badge at all times at the venue and through all sessions
- An additional Rs. 6000/- will be charged for the loss and re-issue of a duplicate badge
- Attendees and speakers can wear business casuals. Carry a light jacket/shawl as you may feel cold in the air conditioned halls
- Please wear comfortable shoes as the venue is large and there will be a good amount of walking
GHCI 17 Career Fair
- Do make sure you go to all the stalls and interact with leading technology organizations. This is also a great opportunity to find an internship or full-time job
- Do carry business cards and a few copies of your resume
- Be ready to interview at GHCI 17. Some of the organizations will be conducting on-spot interviews
Venue: Hall 1 Lower Level
- November 16, 2017: 10.30 a.m. – 5.00 p.m.
- November 17, 2017: 10.00 a.m. – 4.00 p.m.
Also submit your profile to the Resume Database . Our sponsors have access to the Resume Database and will connect with you directly on job opportunities in their organization.
GHCI 17 Mobile App
The GHCI 17 venue is large, the attendees are brimming with excitement, so it helps to be prepared with all the details you’ll need, right on your smartphone. Download the app!
Wheelchair accessibility at venue
All venues can be accessed by a wheelchair except the Hybiscus room.
Attendees can use public transport to reach the venue. There is also parking space for self-driven cars. We try to start and finish all sessions on time, so make sure you factor in the Bangalore traffic while planning to come to BIEC.
Lunch and Tea/Coffee arrangements
- Lunch will be provided for all GHCI 17 attendees on November 16 and 17, 2017
- There is also hi-tea on November 16 and a takeaway snack box during evening tea on November, 17, 2017
- BIEC also has a Food Court with food stalls selling snacks/meals. Career Fair Stall organizers are requested to buy food from these vendors.
- There will be running tea/coffee at the Lunch and Tea/Coffee Area: Hall 1 (Upper Level)
Networking at GHCI 17
- Networking is a key focus at GHCI 17. So expand your network at sessions, lunches and during tea/coffee breaks
- Bring lots of business cards to GHCI 17
- Sign-up for a networking lunch. Attendees will receive an email to sign-up
There is no storage for attendee bags and suitcases
- Unfortunately BIEC does not offer any storage space for attendee bags or suitcases. Please bring a bag that you can easily carry around with you.
GHCI 17 Speakers can use the Speaker Lounge on the 1st Floor of the Convention Center to spend time waiting/preparing for their session.
On-site medical assistance
The celebration has basic first-aid and an ambulance for any emergencies.
By Invite Only Sessions
These sessions are for those who have a confirmation email to attend. Based on the work experience levels, invites will be soon sent to the respective attendees.
Stay connected even after GHCI
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Join the online community Systers
- Find an AnitaB.org Community near you
Have a great GHCI 17!