AnitaB.org India has launched an exclusive new program Tech Pathways to provide an end to end facilitation for women technologists seeking career path change at any points in their career into the most happening world of technology in Artificial Intelligence, Data Sciences and Machine Learning.
If you are a woman technologist who is returning to work after a gap or currently working and would like to change your career into the latest technologies, this program is designed for you.
– helps to understand what each role means/entails and what could be possible career progression options
– helps you to pick and choose relevant content to have a streamlined technical growth
– provides guidance and connect of where to apply and how to apply (utilizing Anita B’s network to streamline and share opportunities), after completing the prescribed technical courses.
This is a six-week program with prescriptive courses, guidance and opportunity to practice hands-on skills to help groom yourself for your career goal as well as helps you to get connected with potential employers.
True to the philosophy of AnitaB.org and GHCI conference, you will also get mentored, guided, and supported by experienced, skilled experts from the industry.
Why participate ?
This opportunity provides you the technical skills and exposure needed to work in the fields of Data Sciences and Machine Learning. Besides mentoring and training, you will also get visibility leading to employment opportunities.
At the end of the program, the top performers will get to present their work in GHCI 20-21.
The Tech Pathways program offers two different career paths for women:
– Machine Learning (ML)/data engineer
Data Engineers are the data professionals who prepare the “big data” infrastructure to be analyzed by Data Scientists. They are software engineers who design, build, integrate data from various resources, and manage big data.
Skills: Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, Pig, Data streaming, NoSQL, SQL, programming
– 2) ML/AI Product Manager
AI Product Management is focused on using AI, Deep Learning and/or Machine Learning to enhance, improve, create and shape products. AI Product Management (APM) is certainly a recent role.
Opportunities: GoogleSearch/ Photos / Translate, Voice assistant, User Recommendations in Youtube / online search / B2C, Stitch Fix. Nest, Autopilot (Tesla), Face recognition etc.
– This program is exclusive for women technologist having 5 or more years of relevant work experience
– Women software technologies who want to switch their careers into areas of new technology
– Women technologists who are on a career break of 2 years or more, and are looking to return to mainstream work in newer areas
– Women technologists that are currently working as software developer / tester / product manager / business analyst / project manager
– The applications would be selected by a set of experienced committee members
– Criteria for selection includes applicant profile, years of work experience, future career aspirations and available support network
– Due to limited seats, top 10 candidates with highest scores would be shortlisted
• The program committee reserves the right to request for proof of eligibility criteria
• Any misrepresentation of facts will lead to automatic disqualification from the program.